The K13 memorial in Elder Park, Govan, was raised as a reminder of those lost their lives in the accident of 29th January 1917. The submarine K13 foundered at Gareloch while on trials. 32 men, including 6 of the shipyard's workers, lost their lives. 47 others were rescued after being trapped for 57 hours. The boat was towed back to the Fairfield shipyard, re-fitted and re-commissioned as K22. The number 13 was never again given to a Royal Navy submarine. The memorial was erected by staff of Fairfield Shipyard, where K13 was built.
F.H.H. GOODHART Va G4 COMMANDER R.N.
A.E. LANE ENG.LIEUTENANT R.N.