Feel free to explore the pages of HappyHaggis. If you are having trouble finding something specific, or looking for a specific name, please use the search box at the top of the left-hand index column. This search engine will check www.happyhaggis.co.uk only. Please note, if you are searching two or more words eg. Bill Smith, place the words inside quotation marks eg. "bill smith". Note that some war memorial name lists have first and last names listed while some have initial and surname only.
Please note: reference numbers are used to cross-refer inscriptions to photographs only. They do not
relate in any way to the monument locations. Inscriptions and photographs taken September 2007.
The present building was opened for worship on 8th August 1857 by the United Presbyterian Church.
There is no churchyard at this location.
101. This tablet is a memorial of the affection and esteem in which The Reverend George Morris
was held by this congregation and in the district of his life of steadfast integrity and of the zeal with
which during fifty-one years he fulfilled his duty as a minister of the Gospel. Born at Cairnerhill, Fife,
1824, ordained 1850, died at Dalry 1902.
103. In grateful memory of Rev. Robert Stevenson D.D., minister of Dalry 1844-1890, eminent as
a minister of the church and as an educationist. He was also greatly beloved and respected. He caused
to be erected and maintained this West parish Church, the Kersland Barony Chapel and school, the
Female Industrial School and the Parish Church hall. He bequeathed £2,500 towards the endowment of
this church and £2,500 for Kersland Barony chapel besides handsome sums for the schemed of the
Church of Scotland for bursaries to her students and other purposes. Erected by the West Parish
congregation November 1899.
104. 1914-1918. To the glory of God and in loving memory of the men of this congregation who
died on active service during the Great War.
William A Campbell
John McA. Gisher
Robert G Gibson
William Blair Hamilton
Hugh G Kyle
David Littlejohn M.M.
"Their name liveth for evermore".
105 In memory of The Reverend George Russell the first ordained minister of this congregation
(then the United Associate Congregation formed in 1779) in it he laboured faithfully for forty-one
years and his upright life and modest character made him widely respected. Born 1761 ordained 1791
died at Dalry 1832.